Old December 28th 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default So fed up

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 7:56 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's bad enough with the neighbour thing but I am now getting off my
painkillers.
I thought I had some sort of virus when I was dizzy and my hair was
wet from sweating. Nope, it was withdrawal from Tramadol.
It's a great painkiller but I decided to leave it.

Yes, I still have pain without it but Tram is not for me

I think that's a fairly normal reaction, though I am not familiar with
Tramadol.
I've had a lot of surgeries over the past 10 years, but the last one
was the
worst as far as pain control. I was on a morphine pump 8 days (in-
hospital only)
before coming home.
I was having sweating episodes and felt like I was coming down with
the flu. Then
at night when I went to bed, my legs would get all strange and
twitchy. (Bosley stopped sleeping
with me after being kicked enough times). I'd get up and stomp around
thinking it would
help, but *nothing* helped. It's hard to describe. It was just this
itchy, twitchy feeling.

Turns out it was withdrawal from the pain meds. IIRC it was much
better after just two
or three days.

Did you know that they give Tramadol to cats? That's what Yoda got for
pain control
toward the end of his life. They were 2 miligram capsules, and I had
to have them
compounded at the human pharmacy.

Hang in there. If you can tough out the pain or maybe get some non-
narcotic med
to work for you it would be much better.

_______
I'm toughing it out. I was so ill, giddy and sweating, that when the
woodman came with my logs, he had to make out his cheque himself and I asked
him to feed my chickens.
I probably shouldn't have gone cold turkey, as I just stopped them without
reducing gradually.
I was put on Tramadol for my dreadful shoulder pain, only 8 a day could
control it and then the same for my broken ankle.
The worst withdrawal symptoms are now over. My docs never told me what
would happen when I stopped taking them.
Tweed