Old April 27th 19, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Slow Blinky Eyes

We all know about cats and their humans and slow blinky eyes as a mutual
sign of contentment, love and affection.

Buffy is a total love bug. When I'm stretched out on the couch,
reading, she creeps up up on my chest, rubs against the book. Then
worms her way around it. She stares into my eyes and purrs. I give her
scritches and tell her how much I love her. I blink slowly as I talk to
her. She rubs her face on my hand and chest and revs up the purrs.

Buffy has never quite mastered the slow blinky eyes thing. Since I
adopted her, I've slowly blinked my eyes at her in the above situation.
She was not familiar with the slow blink. She came from a multi-cat
household where she barely ever came out of hiding.

So, the best she can do is close her eyes about halfway, still looking
at me, but without doing the slow blink. I know it's her "I'm happy and
content and thanks for the scritches" look.

Jill