Old April 23rd 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Strange Cat Invading our Home. Help!

Our cat was a wild cat that decided when only a couple of months old,
that she wanted a family to spoil her. After sitting on our patio,
studying us contemptuously for a couple of weeks, she eventually
condescended to eat a piece of steak we put out for her. She has her
own bed with cushions and settee - her own room which is a huge glassed
in area overlooking the back garden. This is where her cat flap goes
into/out of. If she cannot get out, she gets really frantic. She has
never been an "indoor cat". We live in the South West of France and
have a huge garden with trees and shrubs, no neighbours and a river
running through it. It would be terribly cruel to confine her. Apart
from this monster cat that is causing us hassles, there is nothing to
cause her any harm or distress; She even goes for daily walks with me,
through the Kiwi-fruit fields and along the river banks. Unfortunately
keeping her in wont work! AND - probably wont keep Houdini out either.