Old September 28th 03, 03:25 PM
Philip ®

In news Hank being of bellicose mind posted:
snip
It started over 4 months ago when my 3 year old male (nuetered)
had a urinary problem, and a prescription diet (Science Diet WD)
was started to treat it. I introduced the diet gradually over
about a week, but he got diarrhea from the new food.
snip
So I took him to the vet:

Vet visit 1
=========
fecal worm check (negative)
fecal cytology (negative)
fecal direct-protozoa exam (negative)
and put on Metronidazole

No improvement in condition

Vet phone consultation
================
Put him on Science Diet ID to help with diarrhea problem and to
continue to address urinary problem.
Another round of Metronidazole
Sulfasalazine pills were now introduced

No improvement in condition

Vet visit 2
========
fecal direct-protozoa exam (negative)
fecal cytology (negative)
Yet nother round of Metronidazole
and another round of Sulfasalazine
Switched to special diet IVD duck and green peas (yes, duck and
peas predominantly. The thought is to put him on a very different
diet, assuming the problem is a food alergy). No gradual
introduction here because he has diarrhea anyway.

No improvement in condition

Vet phone consultation
================
snip
This whole thing started with the diet change. Diarrhea was never
a problem before the diet change. Maybe it's a food alergy, I
don't know.
snip
Anyone have any ideas?

(if you read this whole thing, thank you very much!)
-- Hank

GET A NEW VETERINARIAN! In the meantime, did anyone try dry food?
What about fur ball accumulations in intestines? How about tap water
with too much chlorine in it?
--

~~Philip

"Never let school interfere