Old March 25th 04, 09:00 PM
Sharon Talbert

Robyn, there may be a rescue org in your area (and it would be helpful if
you revealed to the group where you are), but chances are good that you
are going to have to take care of this little colony yourself. And you
need to move fast!

You need a livetrap or two (buy them; they are not all that expensive, and
it is going to take a few weeks to get the colony in hand). Find a
low-cost spay/neuter service (talk to your vet first; maybe you can work
out a discount) and get to work. Start with last year's kittens; they are
pregnant now and the sooner spayed the better for all. If you can locate
the old cat's litter, bring them in and trap the mom. She can raise her
babies in a cage or secure room until they are 4 weeks or so (when they
can be started on solid food) and then be spayed and released.

Let us know where you are. There just may be a spay/neuter clinic in your
area. Seattle, for example, has a free feral cat clinic for all comers.

Thank you for being so kind and responsible. I wish everyone were like
you.

Email me privately if you would like to discuss any of this. I am always
happy to advise.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats