Old March 29th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

Default Kitty's hungry, won't eat

Monte wrote:
11 year old male, neutered. He was diabetic for a couple of years,
but at the first of the year his diabetes cured itself. Since then,
he's lost a couple of pounds, and doesn't seem to want to eat. He
went to the vet yesterday, and a series of blood tests and urinalysis
showed normal. One liver enzyme is slightly elevated, but the vet
didn't consider it to be high enough to warrant further testing. He
cries like he's hungry, but doesn't seem to want to eat. We've tried
several foods, wet and dry, but nothing seems to be what he wants.
His vet game him some appetite-stimulating pills which help, and a new
dry food (tuna-flavored) got him to eat a little bit earlier. The vet
did check his teeth and gums, which she pronounced healthy, as are his
eyes and coat.

Has anyone else experienced this? His regular food is Innova Evo,
which he ate the whole time he was diabetic. (The other two cats also
seem a little tired of it, but eat it, and are not losing weight, so I
don't think the food is bad.)

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00168.htm

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/anorexia.html

http://www.petplace.com/cats/anorexi...ats/page1.aspx