Old June 12th 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default cat with diarrhoea - but only when she goes outside

"Mike Scott" wrote in message
Gandalf wrote:
On Fri, 21 May 2010 21:10:10 -0400, jmc
wrote:

Suddenly, without warning, Mike Scott exclaimed (5/21/2010 9:01 AM):
An odd one here.

We have two cats (mother - about 6 years old - and daughter); both
normally go out, both eat the same food (dry kibbles - neither will
touch wet food) which they've been on for years.

The mum has lately developed a problem with diaorrhea. But this only
seems to occur when she's allowed outside - keep her in for a couple of
days, and the problem clears; allow her out, and the problem recurs
quite quickly. She does seem very keen on eating grass from the garden

....snip....
Finding the cause of the diarrhea is also important.

Or, just keep her inside.

But do get her to the vet, ASAP.

I thought I'd give an update, not that it's helpful.

The problem persists, she's fine when kept indoors.

However, my wife took her to the vet today. He was just as stumped as we
are. Says she's a perfectly healthy-looking moggy, and has no idea what
could be causing the trouble. He wondered if more frequent worming might
help (probably not - the problem was there immediately after worming
recently) and wondered if a more bland diet might help on the offchance
her digestive system was a bit delicate. (We could try that; but he's only
guessing).

So, not really further forward.

--
Mike Scott (unet2 at [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

Meanwhile you don't have a problem if you keep her inside.