Old June 15th 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default cat with diarrhoea - but only when she goes outside

"Mike Scott" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
The problem persists, she's fine when kept indoors.

However, my wife took her to the vet today. He was just as stumped as we
are. Says she's a perfectly healthy-looking moggy, and has no idea what
could be causing the trouble. He wondered if more frequent worming might
help (probably not - the problem was there immediately after worming
recently) and wondered if a more bland diet might help on the offchance
her digestive system was a bit delicate. (We could try that; but he's
only guessing).

So, not really further forward.

--
Mike Scott (unet2 at [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

Meanwhile you don't have a problem if you keep her inside.

No physical problem. But it's quite clear she'd really love to be allowed
out. Not that either cat ever goes far - but there are lots of hidey holes
and space to run in the garden.

Mine would love to go out too, but happily they are attached to a human with
a slightly larger forebrain than they have, so instead, they sit in windows
and enjoy the smells and sights without the danger of disease or injury the
outside brings. Everywhere, not just in the US. Every seen the cam someone
used to find out that cats do the same thing outdoors as they do indoors all
day? 5% play, 95 percent lounging and sleeping.