Old January 31st 20, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mahoney,Dan

Default Introducing our new family member

Good! Make nice hidy holes (best as you can) in all rooms. This will
make him more comfortable to come out. Pul a sofa a bit from the wall
so he can get behind it and things like that. Nothing dramatic
required.

Best advice from having 'tamed' Daisy-chan (much much older and long
true wild, never a colony cat) is to wait for him to come to you for a
pet. Speak softly and leave the radio/TV's low as you reasonably can
for a bit.

Excellent advice, thank you!

He is currently in Nancy's sewing room and has a great private area that
neither of us can get in to - a passage under Nancy's work table about 6
inches wide, with a breadbox-sized empty space up against the wall.

I'm thinking she'll stay in the sewing room for another week or so, then
open the sewing room door and let her speak with the other kitties
through a baby gate.