Old April 19th 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

Default Kitten food for an 8 month old cat or switch to adult food?

On Apr 19, 8:59*am, mike wrote:
My cat is 8 months old. Should I feed her kitten food until she's a
year old, or is it ok to switch to adult cat food if she'll eat it?
What are the potential consequences if I switch to adult food?

Thanks.

Mike

I used to feed Purina One kitten food till she was one year old. The
price was the same for adult food so I switched only because she
didn't need as much after being grown. I guess you could just
continue with kitten food but smaller servings if you want.
Personally I use cheaper food and suppliment with chicken from my
dinner because cats need meat. You pretty much have to try the food
on you cat to see. The rich are going to tell you to buy the
expensive stuff and the frugal tell you to buy the cheap stuff.