Old September 17th 05, 09:06 AM
Kerry

Hi, Laurie. I live in a big apt. complex with my 2 cats. I was
already living here when I got them, though, and I had to get
permission first to get them as there is a quota. On the first one,
they asked me if she was declawed and I said yes even though she
wasn't. It's really mean to declaw cats as you probably know. I
didn't think they would check her but would take my word for it. There
are a lot of units here and I couldn't imagine that they would check my
cat's paws. They didn't.

If they had wanted proof, I was going to ask my vet to write a fake
letter because I know he doesn't approve of declawing much. I think he
does it if someone insists but they don't advertise it there or
encourage you to do it.

When I got my 2nd cat, I knew lying would work and it did again.

I guess if this isn't a big complex you are looking at, you would have
to be more careful about lying. I hope your letter works. You could
ask them if they only rent to people with no fingers. LOL!

Kerry
plus Amy Sue and Bootleg, too