Old February 12th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Default (OT and longish reply) Worst dream ever!

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"meeee" wrote

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of those
dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean something. You
never know

I'm sure it means something. But I am afraid to find out what it is!!!

I do have a dream book....not sure how good it is, but the general gist is
that your mind explores problems and possible solutions while you sleep,
that sometimes manifest as dreams, and dreams tend to be metaphorical more
than anything. Eg food can mean nurturing, murky water can mean
confusion....ok from the book, a house or home refers to your private life
and emotions, and suggests you look at where it's located, whether you feel
safe and happy there, etc. Attics stand for memory, intellectual life, or
matters that you have been trying to store away from your conscious mind.
Basements refer to where you keep your secret fears, or thos parts of you
that are hidden or undeveloped. Passing through a door indicates that you
are ready to tackle your inhibitions or make progress in a certain area of
your life, and stairs symbolize the efforts we must take to achieve a
certain goal or reach a state of greater enlightenment. (I'm just picking
bits from your dream that the book mentions) Cats are associated with
feminine traits, and cats in a dream may be telling us to be aware of a
cat-like trait such as independance or intuition that we are not using.
Perhaps also think about the fact that your cats are individuals you love
and care about, and they are being uncared for/exposed to danger...is there
a loved one you are worried about? The mother represents the nurturing and
protective aspects of ourselves and how we relate to people in any
relationship is supposed to be symbolized by this figure. Fights with
neighbours can reflect your relationship with those around you, money often
refers to something we value, our wellbeing, power, our values or potential
for success. If something was stolen from you, it's possible you feel
cheated or not respected. The important thing seems to be to look at the
emotions your dream brings you. Anyway, just some ideas that might help. You
certainly seem to be bothered by this dream, so it could be important for
you to set your mind at rest about what it means. It doesn't seem to be a
bad scary kind of thing that your dream is about, but I've had dreams like
this that have helped me realize something when I've thought about them.
Hope this helps even in a small way