Old September 8th 03, 07:22 PM
Cheryl Perkins

They are going to need more nutrition than they can get from milk soon, if
they don't already. There's a lot of discussion about cat food, but
generally either the dry or the wet will do, and the stuff labelled for
kittens is best for them. It's easy to say that you should only buy the
certain brands or types, but sometimes cats have very definite ideas about
what they like to eat. I like varying the food I feed mine so they
don't get fixated on one brand and flavour, but I have found that they
don't like some types at all. Other people say variety is not needed.
Pick a few different brands and flavours to try. The canned food is
easiest to eat, and seems most popular with cats and kittens, but one
of mine likes it so much she eats it really fast and hurks it back up.
Anyway, kittens are quite capable of eating dry food, and it doesn't have
to be softened with water or milk. You can, if you want to, of course.
Mine didn't care for it, so I only tried once or twice. Many people feed
their cats some of both canned and dry food.

Cheryl