Old November 13th 03, 12:07 AM
Dan Mahoney

I don't mean to offend those who truly don't know any better (at the
same time, if you DON'T know any better, maybe you should Google the
RPCC charter), and if you are offended, I do apologize, but I honestly
do not know which is worse anymore, flamers or misplaced posts. Like I
said, enough is enough, and it's time to take a stand against it.
Maybe a moderated group is finally in order.

--- (Unca) Cory

Googlig for the charter won't make any difference. Here's what I found
when I did:
CHARTER: rec.pets.cats.community

This unmoderated group is for the free exchange of ideas and experience
about cats and among cat-lovers, whether from a human or imagined feline
perspective.

This is a freeflowing, sometimes whimsical group welcoming both
light-hearted and serious cat-related topics, and the use of any writing
style.

There are no restrictions as to form.

Personally, I didn't realize that posts of this nature were considered
off-topic. Yes, I was aware that the *primary* purpose for RPCC was as a
forum for meow-chat, but didn't know that meow-chat was *the* purpose.

Please don't misunderstand me - I don't have a problem with this!
Cleopatra, Amelia, Tabitha, and Sammy will most likely be around for a
good while yet. But I would recommend that someone post a pointer to
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/meow_faq.htm or some similar document
from time to time