Old April 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kitty mimic

is Lilly more dramatic than Dottie?

She is...dramatic in the sense that she does everything BIG.

It seems to me that Lily has to play harder, leap higher, run faster
than every other cat in the house. She's very "talkative" and
interactive with people...though she is a bit of a "one person" cat.
She's can be very jealous if I interact with any cat other than her or
her sister Dottie...if she sees me pet another cat or smells one on my
hands, she'll look me right in the eye and give me a "you're dead to
me" expression of betrayal, lol! If she could talk, I swear she'd say,
"I can't believe you! How could you do this to me?" For at least 15
minutes she will be completely unresponsive, or give me an annoyed
sounding "mmm-grr" if I try to touch her.

Dottie is the opposite...she's a bit of a clown and likes to make
friends with other cats. (I guess she IS a comedienne!) She'll roll
around on the floor or toss her kitty toys around to get attention of
cats or people. She's very gentle and affectionate, even while
playing...I don't think she has ever scratched me, even accidentally.
I've noticed that she seems to gravitate toward human females more than
males...almost to the point of fascination. Most of my female visitors
will remark on how affectionate and persistent she is with them. As
she gets older, I wonder if she might be happier as a woman's cat,
rather than a bachelor's.