Old March 30th 12, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default A Windows Question (OT)

jmcquown wrote:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
On 3/30/2012 6:25 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Anyone here running Win7? I'm getting an error trying to install a
critical update (running Windows update). The file sqmapi.dll is missing
from my computer.

Could someone provide me with a copy of this file and the full path
where I should put it?

Jill

Easiest way is to use the System File Checker utility to fix the
problem, details he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Let m e know if you need any help with that.

--
Nik Simpson

Yes, I'm having a problem with that. The instructions say to open a
command prompt in administrator mode. I'm not in admin mode. How to I
set that? I'm the only person who uses this PC. When I open a command
prompt I get a DOS screen. Nothing to select.

Jill

This should explain how to open a DOS prompt in administrator mode:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

In general, if a program requires elevated privileges (for example if
you wanted to get to system settings such as user management), you can
open it in administrator mode by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run
as administrator" from the context menu.

Nadia N.
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety