Old July 18th 03, 04:41 PM
L. Kelly

"Fred" wrote in message
om...
| I have an 8-9 week old kitten. She has been the perfect animal except
| for one bad habit. When I am sleeping, usually 3-4am in the morning,
| she will curl up next to my head on the pillow or on my chest. She
| will then stretch her paws and put them on my face and start taking
| small bites or nips at my chin or anywhere I let her near my face.
| She always wakes me up and I spend the next hour trying to get her to
| stop.
|
| She's not being aggressive and is usually purring. She is very
| persistent. The only thing which helps, sometimes, is by placing my
| finger in her mouth when she bites and saying no.
|
| What is this behavior? Will she grow out of it? Has anyone else had
| this problem and how did you handle it?
|
| thanks

This is actually pretty normal behaviour for a kitten. It is their way of getting the
mother cat's attention and some loving. She has now adopted you as her "mother" and wants
the attention from you.

As to growing out of it, she may or may not. All cats are different. Even if she gives up
this behaviour, it may very well be replaced with another.

In the meantime, what you are doing to stop her is probably the best way. Persistance and
consistency on your part will help to curb any unwanted behaviours in kittens.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*