Old April 11th 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default I Won! but... Ooops!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Early in March I got a $25 American Express gift card in the mail. The
return address on the envelope said 'Weight Watchers'. I didn't bother to
read the letter; I figured this was a marketing gimmick and I'd have to
use it to sign up for Weight Watchers, so I shredded it.

Last week I got another letter in the mail stating the reference to Weight
Watchers was an error. The letter indicated I received the card because I
won first prize in the Hill's Science Diet Make a Difference Contest.
Drat! I shredded the card! I called the number on the letter. I was
directed to report the card as lost. I explained to the person I spoke
with what happened and he got a good laugh out of it. They're re-issuing
the card. Naturally I'll be using it to buy stuff for Persia Think of
all the FF $25 will buy! Whee!

Jill

Congratulations! I'm glad they did a follow-up and will replace the card.

Joy