Old April 6th 13, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Hide and seek with a cat.

MaryL wrote:

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

Swazzie is still hiding but keeps changing her hiding place. She did
eat some of her food and used the litter boxes for both pee and poop. I
haven't found her yet today and I have looked everywhere (obviously
almost everywhere!)

---MIKE---

~~~~~~~~~~~~
She really should be confined to one room until she becomes comfortable
in her new home. That would also avoid problems such as this.

MaryL

Some of us don't have the luxury of that many separate rooms! (I have a
small one-bedroom apartment - the only closeable doors, other than the
one leading outdoors, are to the bedroom and bathroom, neither of which
would be practical as a place of confinement.) Anyway, if Swazzie is an
only cat, why not allow her freedom to explore all of her new
surroundings? So long as she is eating and using the litterbox, it's
only a matter of time until she feels secure enough to make friends -
let her do so at her own speed.