Old October 18th 03, 03:31 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Cheryl"

PawsForThought composed with style:

I'm at the point where I've got the 2 computers communicating and
we can share data. One computer can go online the other can't.

If you worked with tech support maybe they had you do something that
changed your IP address of the connected systems' nic card. I don't
know what is going on but I do know networking.

They did have me set a static IP address for the network card and also a static
address for DNS server. The 2 computers can ping each other fine, but on the
one computer that can't sign onto the internet, if I ping yahoo.com, it won't
work. I honestly know very little about networks and they are great when they
work, but boy, when they don't....argh!

DLink tech told me I might have a corrupted TCP/IP installation

That is always the first thing tech support tells you.

but
in WinXP, it won't let me uninstall it.

I have XP on my desktop; I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

So I take it you're unable to get POP3 mail to go through your
"server" PC to another PC?

Um, I'm not sure what POP3 mail is. Is this something like Outlook or Windows
messenger?
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe