Old August 19th 03, 11:39 AM
Theresa

"Tanada" wrote in message
The Haven, our local no-kill pet shelter is having a candlelight vigil
for homeless and lost pets. I'm getting ready to head out the door
now. Will fill you in later.

Pam S.

I attended a vigil this past Sat. at a Humane Society in Columbus. Shelters
send in names of animals that had been euthanized and the names were read.
A few poems were read, then came a blessing of the animals. Now I've seen
this done before, but they do it differently here. The pastor of a local
church blesses each animal in attendance individually. He asks the pet's
name and if there is any specific need. We took 3 animals from the Dayton
shelter, one being the puppy I had fostered. We just asked that they all
find homes, especially one dog, Brownie, who has been there for 6 months.
It was a very moving evening.

Theresa