Old November 17th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Where's the fire?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:30:50 +0200, Marina
yodeled:

Miranda was meatloafing on the desk, under the desk lamp, squished in
beside my laptop. This is her tanning salon (in case you missed the
pictures, there are 3 pics starting he
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20851...8511339RplEOj).

I had set up my laptop from work beside my own laptop, because I had to
check some things on it (Microsoft has its own language, and I needed to
check what they call different things in Swedish, and I have a Swedish
OS on my work laptop). Suddenly I thought I could smell something
burning. I thought something was happening with one of the laptops, and
I turned them off and turned them over and checked them all over.
Nothing. In the brahoo, Miranda was disturbed and left the desk.

The next day, I set up the two laptops the same way. Miranda was
meatloafing beside me on the desk again. I was working away, when I
smelled that smell again. Something burning. I was sure it wasn't coming
from the computers. I looked around - TV wasn't turned on, I hadn't
forgotten to turn off the stove... Then I realized Miranda was laying
under that desk lamp again. I felt her. I could barely touch her, she
was so hot. I lifted her up and smelled her fur - definitely a smell of
burning. OMG! It was coming from Miranda!

Well, she wasn't on fire, but I can't believe she stayed under that lamp
until she was so hot that she smelled like burnt fur. Now I try to shift
her away from the lamp every time she starts meatloafing there. But she
loves her tanning salon, and doesn't want to budge.

Wow! Miranda is truly smokin'. Cats are heat-seeking missiles.
Little Mimi used to make me nervous sitting on the radiator, and the
two boys love lamps. Stinky sticks his head up under the lampshade
and looks every bit the party animal.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War