Old July 15th 13, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Stray cat, possibly pregnant

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Sadly, it's not unusual for people to not look too hard for a missing

cat. Or perhaps sometimes they do, and simply can't find it. I was so
certain that my Sam, such a sweet-tempered cat and so clearly accustomed
to living with humans, must have had someone looking for him that I didn't
take his rescuers at their word and checked out the local lost cat
resources myself. No one was looking for a young black tomcat. But it
worked out well for me and Sam, and I'm sure it will for Chak and this
cat. It's the loss of the original home!

I was also sure that someone must have been looking for Boyfriend. I
advertised him as found on a local radio station and put postcards in local
shops but no-one ever claimed him.
I know he had a previous home as he had an extremely posh collar on, but
their loss, my gain.
Whoever they were, they hadn't bothered to neuter him, so I guess he
wandered too far in search of the girlies to find his way back.
I'm glad he wasn't claimed. He's gentle, charming and totally wonderful. I
just wish he wasn't quite so timid with visitors, he insists on going out if
anyone comes. He even jumps up from a sound sleep if the phone rings and
goes to the door but phone ringing is not an excuse to exit the house so I
don't allow that.
I do let him out if I have a visitor he doesn't know. He is not allowed to
escape if it is June or Simon: although he never waits to find out who it
is. Doorbell - head for the hills.

Tweed