Old March 5th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default New cat owner

Well, not new to cats but have a cat again for the first time in almost 8
years. Military and was overseas and I am not the type to adopt a pet then
have to give them up.

I had 2 previously who lived to a ripe old age, and 2 rescue kitties I
fostered for a time til I found them new homes. So, not clueless, just
forgetful here!

It's been a bit since I've done the shot routines. My new cat (Daisy) is
estimated to be born about June 2005, found pregnant and half starved about
June 2006, was slated for extermination when she was rescued but due to
various problems (medical and behavior), has only just now been adopted. In
fact, I think she adopted us grin.

She's had rabies shots and the feline leukemia. She's been neutered (sadly,
while with kitten). She's had ear problems (mites, possible ear yeast
problem too). I note no distemper shots. I recall getting them, then 1
booster set (possibly a later followup around age 2?) with my 'Face' and
'Roscoe' kitties.

Daisy has a vet visit, on the 20th with our Dog Cash. I know the vet will
have more info on the ears and such, just looking for general reminders
here.

Oh, if wondering, her 'behavior' problems were due to apparent abuse? They
are not sure. She was terrified of kids but took right away to Charlotte
(14). She was extremely shy and didnt take to many folks but once used to a
home, was a very sweet lapkitty per her foster parents (she's had several).
She took to Charlotte for a belly rub at first sight. She hides from
everyone else. So, she sorta adopted us g. Cash and her were both in
multi cat-dog places and if there is such as a '10' for adaption to the
other type, they both have it.