Old April 9th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Feline Bladder Inflamation

On Apr 8, 9:16 am, "Rene S." wrote:
I am wondering if there are others here who know more about

Well, now here is another question. I am trying to do a bit of
research here as well.

I brought Max home with the cosequin today and instructions to feed
wet food (according to my husband) which I have been doing. They were
specific about feeding him nothing but a food specifically formulated
for urinary tracts.

According to the urinalysis, Maxes urine was not at the PH level they
would like to see. So now what? I have been feeding nothing but
Wellness since all this has come up.

And I will say this: When Max urinates it is a fountain. He urinates
more than I do!! LOL chuckle I can never believe how much urine is
in the litter box these days.

Now, it is true that my vets office may not be aware of Wellness, but
I thought it was specifically formulated for urinary tracts - the cans
don't say so but the website makes it sound like as a part of the
"natural" ingredients, they are specifically formulated for urinary
tract issues. So, according to the Wellness website, it sounds to me
like Wellness is naturally being formulated with urinary tract issues
in mind.

Are there canned foods that are better for this sort of thing than
others? The veterinarian said "foods SPECIFICALLY designed for the
urinary tract."

Another point my veterinarian brought up to me was the evidence of the
pituitary gland playing a role in all this. Last night I did a search
for "feline idiopathic cystitus" and came up with this link for
studies that have been done through Ohio State University:

http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/assets...at/vcna041.pdf

Max is the most laid back cat I have ever owned. I mean, he is like
cat in the Peanuts cartoon... the "boneless" cat. He is very social,
loving, and laid back. Of the two cats I have, Butterball is the one I
would say is stressed out more easily. Max just goes with the flow. He
is the kind of cat you could do anything to and he would just hang out
there :-)

Does "stress" in cats mean something different than with people? Is it
something people can pick up on if they are intently watching a cats
body language?

Anyway, I have to read this article from the Ohio State University
again a few times... to glean what I can.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance...

Melissa