Old August 23rd 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Update on the neighbor's little dogs

wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

An "overabundance of energy" certainly describes these little dogs!

One thing that both puzzles and distresses me is that my neighbor never
calls to check on their welfare. I have called her several times to
give
her reports, but she never makes calls herself. I always call my pet
sitter
every two or three days to check on Holly and Duffy when I go on
vacation,
even though I know they are in good hands and get the best of care.

Well, she is recovering from heart surgery, isn't she? That's a lot to
deal with. Maybe she just doesn't have the wherewithal to initiate calls?

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet

I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she has a history of
taking advantage of people. Her doctors said she could go home, and she
feels well enough to go shopping, go to movies, etc. At the same time, she
is in Houston (close to her doctors but about 150 miles from home), so she
probably feels more comfortable staying there. So, I understand why she has
not come home in-between appointments but find it hard to understand why she
doesn't inquire about her dogs. She has called several times to have me go
over her mail with her, open the ones that look like bills, and make
arrangements for paying bills that need to be paid. I called her about one
item that looked like a jury summons (and it was), and she called the court
house to make arrangements about that. But no questions about her two
little dogs! On the other hand, she is pleased to hear about them when I
bring it up myself.

MaryL