Old August 27th 04, 05:23 PM
Karen

"Rene" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I went in to the vet's yesterday to get Tucker weighed. (He's had a
weight problem that I've been trying to control for over two years.
He's now 6.) He was previously on Hills r/d but the vet switched him
to m/d last December.

He's gained a ton of weight! They did a full blood panel on him, in
case of an underactive thyroid, but everything came back clear. I
don't understand. He gets a specific amount of food every day, no
treats except catnip, he has a cat buddy, has to go up stairs to eat,
etc. etc.

I'm going to the vet's over lunch today to discuss food options, but
it's down to either Hills r/d again or Walthams weight control. I'm so
frustrated! I feel like I'm failing him as a kitty mom. Thoughts,
anyone?

Rene

I think that like us genetics can be involved. How much does he weigh? Do
you have a picture?