Old June 6th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default How to Give a Cat Medicine ????

Response to "cindys" :

snip

With the piller, the teeth are no longer an issue, but the claws
can actually become the bigger issue. If Gabby tends to put his
paw up (claws extended) to push your hand away (some cats will,
some cats won't), have someone gently hold his paws. He probably
won't fight that, as the clawing seems to be more of an automatic
reflex than the cat's actually attempting to fight the person or
hurt the person giving him the pill. Let us know how it goes.

Most definitely, thanks. But for the record -- as I see it -- Gabby
would go ape-****e if someone held his paws. I think he would put up
with something in his mouth for several seconds before trying
something crazy...

....which is all you said it would take.

So -- swift of hand, and a slew of cat treats to follow -- I think
the "piller" will become my friend.

Thanks!
--
-Lost