Old September 14th 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

Default Purrs and prayers, please

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:29:33 -0400, "Cheryl"
wrote:

"NettieCat" wrote in message

I do wonder what the point of the ultrasound would be. If it's going
to be a struggle to find the cost of the ultrasound, which won't
actually help Lily, then why do it? If the vet finds out that the
murmur is due to something that is fixable but expensive, it doesn't
really leave you or Lily any better off, and as I said, cats seem to
deal fairly well with the problem without outside help.

I agree. Myself, I was diagnosed with a murmur years and years ago and the
first doctor wanted some sort of collection thingie strapped to me but at
the time I didn't have insurance. Now that I do, no Dr has noticed it even
though I do sometimes feel my pulse not beating regularly. I even had a
pre-op EEG just a couple of months ago, and it wasn't detected. I think
sometimes these things are detected when it isn't a regular thing going on.
I'd watch it and see if the vet detects it every time they check. If the
next time they check and it isn't there, it could be just something else
going on.

You never know. I was reading about the meteorite scientist Harvey
Nininger a few days ago. When he got married he applied for life
insurance and the insurance company doctor told him he had a heart
murmur and would need to take it easy for the rest of his life. He
didn't take it easy and he lived to be 99,

Bud