Old November 21st 04, 05:21 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers at
omcom wrote on
11/21/04 6:49AM:

My pet peeve, though, are the people who, dripping with self-righteousness,
have to comment on the shopping cart contents of anyone who's a little
fatter than skeletal. "You don't really *need* that, do you dear?" they'll
say, pointing to any high-calorie item. Seriously, there ARE people who
are that rude!

I am not slim. I am overweight. I am fat. The other week was the cycling club
annual dinner & award ceremony, which I had to be at as I'm racing secretary
and had organised the trophies, engravings, medals and the production of the
programme for the event (my printer had been working overtime, as had I).

Whilst at the dinner, in the middle of the main course, a person told me about
how, if I wanted to stay slim & healthy like him, I should not eat a meal such
as the one on the plate... the fact is, he had exactly the same on his plate
as
me, which he was eating... a couple of other people, during the evening, made
comment about how if I want to be healthy, I should be eating A, not eating B,
doing C, not doing D. Did I ask these people for their advice? No, they simply
felt it was perfectly acceptable to tell me how so much better they are than
me
with the "If you want to be slim like me..." I resisted the retort of "There
*is* one thing fatter than my arse in this room, and it's your mouth.", but
god
knows how. Is my eating anything eating causing them to get cancer due to
"passive eating"??? No. I may not be slim, and I can cycle 100 miles on a
bike,
but hey, aren't we fat people supposed to be lazy, good-for-nothing couch
potatoes who do nothing but lie on a sofa all day feeding our faces with
chocolates as we have no sense of self-control or self-worth?? How dare we
inflict ourselves on the outside world!!

BAH!

MInor rant over, normal service is now resumed (until the next rant, anyway)

Astounding!! I can't believe some people!