Old July 6th 03, 09:15 PM
Caliban

"Laura R." wrote in message
.net...
circa Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:19:12 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Caliban ) said,

I have no issue with your being a "skeptical consumer". It's the
dismissal of everybody whose opinions aren't exactly what you think
they should be,

If one interprets questioning the sources behind opinions as dismissing
these opinions, then this is so.

I have now repeatedly told you that the links I gave you offer
attribution and links to source material.

I have never assailed the statements these sites make as being false.

I have questioned the sources.

You, meanwhile, completely dismissed my comments about Steven Crane's
possible bias and how "educated research" means double blind studies with
placebos, high statistical signficance, and marked differences in outcomes.

Or is it possible you did indeed take note of this, but figured, 'okay, it's
out there. I'll consider it. No point in discussing it further at this
time.'?

Just like I have been doing with so many of your opinions.

even though you admit to not having researched, that
I find off-putting.

I have seen no one in this thread present any reputable research.

Because you apparently haven't read what I've posted.

So I don't
know why you're claiming I should defer to another's opinions on this
matter, unless you want to be recognized as an "authority."

I didn't claim anything of the sort. I perceive that you are
completely unwilling to accept the possibility that your idea to feed
your cat tuna oil and butter may not be the most effective approach,
*even though* you have *no* research to back up your "idea".

I have never assailed the notion that feeding a cat tuna fish *may* not be a
good idea. But nor do I reject the possibility that it may do no harm and in
fact may help. Can reasonable people disagree agreeably?

You have presented no research to refute the suggestion at web sites that
butter might be an acceptable alternative to petrolatum.

The fact
that you continue to dismiss the fact that the best thing you can do
to prevent hairballs is to groom your cat regularly is quite telling.

I do not dismiss this possibility. I do dismiss that this is the only means
to prevent hairballs.

snip rest. We've strayed far off the trail of substantive discussion, IMO.