Old July 6th 03, 10:06 PM
Caliban

"Laura R." wrote
circa Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:15:59 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Caliban ) said,

I have now repeatedly told you that the links I gave you offer
attribution and links to source material.

I have never assailed the statements these sites make as being false.

I have questioned the sources.

You have not even looked at the sources.

I believe I have looked at them as closely as you.

It saddens me that you would make an accusation like the above. I won't
bother reading your posts in the future, as I went to some trouble to read
your sources so I could discuss their points.

I do want to clarify what I said in my last post: I for one would not feed a
cat exclusively made-for-humans, canned tuna fish. I might try my cat on
canned tuna in oil a few cat servings a week for the possible advantage of
diet variety and the oil to possibly help with hairballs.

Back to the main topic. For the anecdotal database, I note that my current
veterinarian never suggested a hairball remedy for my cat, despite my
expressed concerns about his vomiting. She wanted to put him under and do
exploratory surgery. That she didn't even suggest trying Petromalt (or
similar) is discouraging. It really pays to do one's own research.

No, I decided that it was more of your obvious unwillingness to
actually research before forming an opinion. I figured that if you
had actually read some of his posts, you might see just how
assumptive your response was.

I googled and read many of his posts when you first mentioned his name.

He is often defending himself from attacks by many on pets newgroups as
being biased.

I never saw his posts criticize Hill's Science, his employer. On the
contrary.