Old January 25th 04, 01:16 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article lGDQb.13327$zy3.5475@okepread01, Cat Protector at
wrote on 1/24/04 6:00 PM:

I have to agree. Give the dog back. I have to wonder why people mix cats and
dogs to begin with in the same household? If the OP wanted another animal
then get another cat so they can keep each other company.

Cats and dogs can do fine together. The thing is you need to do a gradual
introduction. One week is not gradual. Google "introducing pets" and you
will find many good links. I grew up with dogs and cats that never had a
problem together but we didn't just put them together right off the bat. One
of our dogs absolutely took care of kittens like her own babies.

Karen