Old January 4th 09, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

Default cat with high cholesterol

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:25:17 -0600, "Chris"
wrote:

Just got my cat's annual lab results back. Her Creatinine level was what
was high last year, and is what the vet was concerned about. This year it
went down and vet feels is fine. She voiced no other concerns about the
other labs values, and only said that she should lose 1 pound (which she has
gained in the past year). I requested a copy of the lab results to view
myself and received them today.

My cat Angie is 10 years old, her cholesterol should be no higher than 150,
yet it is 206 (ironically the same as mine). One year ago it was 154. One
pound gain in weight have an effect on this?

Her diet is not the best, as she is a very finicky eater and sometimes she
can be very hungry and asking for something, yet she will turn her nose up
to many food choices. Her typical daily diet is 1/2 a jar of Gerber baby
food (ham, turkey or chicken), the gravy and very very little actual food
from a canned cat food, dry cat food munched on mostly at night when I'm
sleeping, and occasionally some turkey or chicken deli meat to supplement
her if she turns her nose up to any of the above.

Suggestions to lower her cholesterol? Or will getting her to drop that one
pound she gained, maybe take care of the elevated number?

Only thing that will reduce cholesterol is medication
Diet has no effect as it is a hereditary thing

High cholesterol on its own is not that much of a concern it is other
added factors which count