Old February 28th 04, 04:43 AM
idseer

try putting catnip up your nose!

seriously, you can't MAKE a cat be affectionate. they will usually pick
their moments to show their feelings and you just have to recognize when
those moments are.
i have one who rarely shows affection, other than wanting to always be
around when we're there but not wanting to be touched. but every once in a
while (maybe once a month) he will jump on my lap and purr his little brains
out and push his head into my hand. those moments are worth the wait, to be
honest.
then there's the other one who i have to literally push away at times.
he'll walk up my chest and start licking my nose. i mean to the point of
great pain! then he'll come back sit on the back of my chair and start
grooming me. same at night as i try to go to sleep. he HAS to lick my nose
before i fall asleep. i'm not complaining you understand. it's just
interesting how half brothers can be so different.

"Ablang" wrote in message
How affectionate is your cat? Please give examples.

Mine will be 2 next month (have had her since August). Mine used to be a
little bit. She used to wanna sit on my lap during TV time and sleep with
me (both during winter time of Dec-Jan). It's been a few weeks now since
she's done either very often. I now get that about once every 2 weeks.

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for restoring that affection that was
once there? Or what was your experience with that?

--
Hilary Duff turns 18 in this amount of time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of

those
we don't like?" -- Jean Cocteau