Old January 18th 05, 07:11 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-18, JB penned:
In , Monique Y. Mudama
shouted to everyone in earshot,

I know what you mean. I run my own mail server from home,

Yep, that used to be me, too, before I had more family members using it than
my home connection could handle well (not to mention all the pictures of my
kitties and whatever). 128kb ISDN only goes so far.

We have a static IP and 1.5Mbps down / 500kbps up, but it still only goes so
far. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I ran web stuff from my home
machine, but I now find it much easier to let Pair host my web stuff. They're
also more attentive as sysadmins than I am.

mostly so that I can completely customize my own spam-filtering solutions.

Boy, I hear ya. Have you written your own deal from scratch, or did you
build something around SpamAssassin or something like it?

Well, by customize, I just mean "install the stuff I want with the options I
want." I use a combo of SA, procmail, and tmda. I don't use the c/r aspect
of tmda; I mostly use it because the filter rules are so easy to implement.
If I just want to block something or send it to a directory, tmda's syntax is
very clean. I also like leaving unrecognized email in a queue, rather than
getting all excited that I have new mail and then seeing that it's crap =/

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch