Old April 8th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred

Default Rat Poison in food recalled according to local news

Meghan Noecker wrote:

On 7 Apr 2007 22:39:29 -0700, wrote:

I think it saved her life though. I got so worried that she would not
eat, that I gave her raw shrimp with a little olive oil, and she ate
that like the starving kitty that she was. Like your cat, her illness
was very sudden, but due to her age, we thought it was nature taking
it's course. She recovered, but with damage. She is a walking
skeleton. I find it very interesting both of our cats got sick in the
same time period, on the same food, but there is not mention of fancy
feast in the list. I was wondering if you had any new thoughts?

I would be interested to know if some of Fancy Feast's foods did have
a problem in October. She was anemic all year, but suddenly had renal
failure at the end. She had bloodwork again only a week before she
died, and it did not indicate renal failure. I actually posted to the
list asking if renal failure could really come on that suddenly since
it didn't make any sense to me.

She was getting a variety of flavors of Fancy Feast at the time,
including cuts and gravy. After she died, I stuck with the two flavors
that Jay Jay likes, and neither of them have any grain products in
them.

When the recall started, I checked to see if the Fancy Feast was on
the list, because it would make sense for what happened to Kira. But
Fancy Feast has not been on the list at all, and Kira died before the
December date listed.

I haven't seen Fancy Feast on any of the lists. IS it a problem food. I
have a stack of the tins on the kitchen table and I've been feeding it to
my three cats all along thinking that it was safe. Occasionally the cats
leave the tinned food in their dishes and I thought it was just a flavour
preference. I sometimes give them Performatrin but mostly it's been Fancy
Feast for breakfast and Frisky's for supper. (We live in Ottawa Canada).

--
Regards, Fred