Old July 2nd 04, 02:05 AM
Yoj

I'm impressed that you're doing this, TJ! You're a winner in my book,
wherever you place. However, I hope you go home with a trophy, medal,
or ribbon - whatever is awarded for this event.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

"TJ and The Z's" wrote in message
Okay, this Sunday on the good ole Fourth of July I will do my first

sprint
triathlon. I am ready! I have really been working hard toward this

goal but it
definitely has cut into my online time. (that I don't like, I miss

being able
to read and post). I am very confident in my swimming. I have been

swimming 2
miles a pop 3 times a week with lot's of interval training. I only

need to swim
800 meters. I can ride my bike pretty speedy, I have been doing that

3 times a
week for 25 to 30 miles distances, intervals and hill repeats. I only

have to
ride 12 miles on a very flat course. Running.... I suck. I can

run/walk a 12
minute mile and that's just gonna have to do. I only have to do that

for 3
miles. Now I get to do them all one right after the other. Swim,

bike, run.
No problem! They hardest transition is from bike to run. Your

legs feel
like dead logs, they just don't want to move. If I can improve my

running then
I can progress to an Olympic distance, then a half ironman,

then.....uh uh, NO
ironman, that's just wrong! That's for crazy people! LOL. So

hopefully I
won't drown, wreck my bike or blow out a hip!

The Zig and Zo are getting big. I have been taking lots of pics and

they are
just too goofy for words. They are both so affectionate and lovable.

They
sleep in the crook of my neck (yes both of them) every night. Zoey

nibbles my
chin with her sharp teeth and Ziggy licks the inside of my nostrils.

It's
heaven! I will soon have time to post and play on the froup. My next

race
isn't until October 16. Ziggy is sitting in my lap as I type. He is a

purring
ball of furr. Skinny and lanky and very muscular. He likes to sit on

my lap all
the time. Zoey likes to chase the arrow on the screen and any

animations that
are flickering. So I have to put her on the ground a lot. I don't

know how many
times I have to tell her that her mother was NOT a glass blower. I

can't see a
damn thing.

TJ and The Z's