Old August 3rd 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Sherry

Default Must Discuss the Kitties' Welfair

On Aug 2, 9:03*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Aug 2, 2:07 pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:

"Stormmee" wrote in message

I too love words, but that has no relationship to meow chat, rpcc is in
short the cats version of narnia or harry potter, it is just a way to do
creative writing. it is no more or less important than that to the
broader
society or english written or spoken word. if you want to get worked up
over something go and read the text messages of a few teens or avid
texters, now that is something to get worked up over if you are worried
about the advancement of any written or spoken word, Lee

Tell me about it.....I raised three myself, and I had to teach them all
English, (as well as maths) Our teachers here are unbelievable, and
getting
worse all the time......

Well, you can't blame the teachers for text message content.
The kids (and adults!) have kind of come up with that on their
own. :-)
Doesn't bother me as long as it's kept in the context of text
messaging.
Kind of a *******ized version of shorthand.
And as long as they know proper grammar, punctuation and
capitalization
when they need it. And I agree that's becoming a failing in our school
system.
Bad spelling, capitalization, etc. just screams "Correspondence with
you isn't important enough for me to use spellcheck" nowadays.

Sherry

Ah yes....Text messaging. I don't understand why the young set likes it so
much. To me, It is vastly inferior to just talking on the telephone. And,
because the world if full of idiots that do it while driving, and run off
the road and crash and burn, they make laws that prevent me from talking on
my cell phone while driving, because apparently, the lawmakers can't tell
the difference between talking, and reading.....I have spent my life driving
while talking. I do it with passengers, with the radio, and with citizens
band transceivers in trucks.
but now, because some idiots try to read the tiny printing on their cell
phone screens while driving, I can't answer my cell phone while in my car
anymore! The other day, When I was on my way to pick up a friend, he phoned
me to tell me he couldn't make it, and I stopped right in the middle of an
intersection to answer my cell phone, much to the disgust of everyone else
on the road.....I wonder how long it will take to get the lawmakers to
realize that there is a difference between talking and reading.......- Hide quoted text -

It's completely insane for one to think they can send and/or read
text messages while driving, safely. But they *think* they can!
And just to make us both sound like grouchy old people (to them)...
I think we're raising a nation of young people who are all going to
need carpal tunnel surgery before they're 30.
I never answer my cell phone in the car. Whoever it is can wait until
I can pull over, stop the car, and call them back. That's what caller
ID
is for. If I *do* send a text message, I take the extra (seconds!!) to
send it in proper English. I don't have it in me to deliberately
sound ignorant. I wrote and proofread for a living once. I don't
dumb down to save a few seconds.
Sherry