Old June 19th 11, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue
CatNipped[_5_]

Default Must Discuss the Kitties' Welfair

I hate, hate HATE those companies that not only require a certain number of
characters, but refuse passwords that are recent repeats of past passwords
(like 20 passwords back, or won't allow consesequitive letters, or common
words, or anything at ALL easily memorable - no wonder I can't ever get into
the same place twice. What the heck do they care if I get "hacked", that's
*NY* problem, and besides, the passwords I use and remember couldn't
possibly be figured out by anyone but me and *maybe* Ben. Who the hell are
they to tell me what's a proper password for me??!!

/password rant

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
On Jun 18, 8:37 pm, Richard Casady
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:47:14 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:20:31 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"nice guy" nice wrote in message
What is 'Welfair'?

Its, "welfare" for someone who, (for some reason or other) doesn't
want to use a spell checker and attempt to write in plain English,
but prefers to cover up spelling mistakes by writing in some sort
of intentional gibberish.

What? You not only post in English, I would bet you use your real
name.

Casady

If you are talking to me, then yes. Of course I use my real name.
Why would anyone not use his/her real name when posting on usenet,
unless they are a troll who is too chicken to stand behind whatever
he/she posts. I post the truth as well as I know it to be, and
stand behind everything I say. When I find out I am wrong about
something, then I post the correction. (Except there are usually a
thousand trolls who jump on my mistake before I get the
chance....:^)

I have been posting with my real name since 98 and never found a
downside to it. Real addy and after all this time the spammers found
me. I average one a day, sometimes for stuff I can use.

I have been using my real name since I started going online in 1993.
My email doesn't always show my real name in the header, but I do not
use a fake name or hide it. When I had acess to a regular newsreader,
I had a sig file that used my real name automatically. I don't bother
to sign my posts these days, but will add my name if I tihnk it is
helpful.

While I do not use my phone to text, I will send messages via my ipod
touch with a chat type program. Same mini keyboard, and I spell out
all my words. I hate cell phone chat style. It seems pretty junior
high to me.

If you would like to look up old posts in the archives, my first email
address was romulan (at) u.washington.edu as I was in college when I
started. I had 6 months with a stupid email that was study something
as I was studying online at that time. Then romulan (at)
cyberspace.com. And then in 1993, I got my own domain name, so
friesian (at) zoocrewphoto.com. My name is Meghan Noecker, and I am
not afraid to use my real name. Fake names are for people who want to
post things that would haunt them if they used their real name.

I do get a lot of spam, but I've been using the same email address for
13 years, and I don't want to change it since it is a business email
address for me as well.

When I started out using the internet, I picked an email address like weg
(my initials). After several false starts, I ended up with weg9 because
all the weg's 1 through 8 were all used up.....By me! But I couldn't tell
them that so they could nullify the others and just give me one. These are
probably still on the books and still can't be used by anyone. I still
have this same problem today. When I try to buy something from the
internet, they ask me if I am a returning customer. I don't know the
answer to this question, so I say yes. Then they ask me for a password or
user name and I get it wrong, so they say I am not a member. So then I try
to sign up, and when I give them my name and pick a password, it says,
"I'm sorry, but that name and/or password have already been used by
someone else. - Of course they have, you idiots, (I say) and that somebody
else is ME!! Half the problem is they have some minimum number of
characters that can be used in their passwords, and how big that number is
is a deep dark secret. They could say, please give us your 8 character
password." But they don't. The leave it up to me to guess how many
characters they require. I have a password system that generates the
password based on how many characters it has. If they refuse to tell me
how many characters they require, then I don't know what the password was.
So there are businesses all over the internet that have me listed several
times on their books, but there is only one of me, so the others never buy
anything as far as they know, but it impossible for me to remove them from
their books because I don't know the exact user name and password I need
to do that. It is only a question of time before all the available storage
space on all the on line sellers is used up by this kind of junk.....