Old January 17th 14, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default Boyfie has been badly hurt

On Friday, January 17, 2014 8:22:50 AM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
He came in at 11pm last night with some intestines protruding from a wound

in his side.

I panicked so much that I could hardly speak to the vet on the phone, I

couldn't seem to control my breathing.

I rushed him to the surgery where he underwent an emergency operation. The

vet rang me during the night to say he'd survived the op but he's had to

open up a large incision down the middle of his tummy as well, to check for

internal damage, which there wasn't and also so his abdominal cavity could

be flushed out.

It's not clear how it happened. I thought he might have been attacked but

the vet thinks it is more likely that he fell somehow onto something sharp.

I phoned early this morning and the nurse's notes say he is "bright and

alert." I'm expecting a call from the vet any time so I'll know more when

I've spoken to him.

There is potential for peritonitis so please purr and pray for his recovery.

I'm sick with worry. The house is so empty without him.

Tweed

Purrs going out to Boyfie!! I hope you can find out what happened!