Old October 4th 15, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Duffy's visit to the vet

"MaryL" wrote in message
I took Duffy to see TED for an evaluation on Monday. Everything looks good
except that he needed to have a cyst removed from his shoulder. I had the
cyst examined in January. At that time, I was told to keep an eye on it
and return to the veterinary clinic if it grew in size. It did grow, so we
returned this week. I had a long discussion with the vet an agreed that
there was no need to send the cyst to pathology. I agreed with the doctor
that we would not want to undertake extreme care at his age even if it is
malignant, and the vet is of the opinion that there actually is very little
likelihood off cancer. Please send purrs that this is true. I lost my
beautiful Holly to cancer at the same age (18.5). TED did tell me that
overall he is in remarkable condition for that age. He seems to feel well,
and he is still a little gymnast who hops into my lap at every opportunity.

MaryL

Lots of purrs coming from over the pond that it's benign. If your vet says
it's unlikely to be cancer, try not to worry.. although you will,
naturally, because of Holly.
Older animals often get lumps and bumps that are not significant but scare
their owners.
Hoping it's nothing much.

Tweed

Thank you. You are correct on all points.

MaryL