Old November 6th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Debbie

Default Cat pooping all over the house - help!

We did take up the rugs. Unfortunately, he also pooped on the daybed in
our back bedroom so now we're concerned he's going to poop on other
furniture.

I have him at the vet's now and they're going to try to straighten him
out. It was suggested I buy the cat litter I was using until Saturday
(Special Kitty). I also had fed him the Nutro brand of cat food
because that's what he was fed at the Shelter.

Lynne wrote:
on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:11:05 GMT, Deborah Trujillo

[snip]

I would suggest taking up the rugs he is pooping on, assuming that you
are able to take them up, until you get this problem under control.
Also, if he is pooping the the same area(s) consistently, move the litter
boxes to those areas and then, as he uses them, gradually move them to
where you want them to be. As another poster mentioned, you definitely
need more than 1 box, and get rid of the hood if it has one. My mother
had this same problem with her kitten and the above worked for her. Good
luck!

--
Lynne