Old February 11th 17, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Advice Shamelessly Solicited

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 10:47:36 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 2/9/2017 10:10 PM, The Newest Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 19:38:00 -0500, John Kasupski wrote:

Minnie is going to the vet tomorrow to be spayed, get her shots, and be
microchipped. It'll be her first time ever going to a vet so I don't expect her
to be happy about it. I hope she won't hate me forever after we get home.

She'll get plenty of attention if she'll tolerate it, and I won't be too proud
to resort to bribery - for which purpose I've got three different kinds of kitty
treats and a bag of catnip in a kitchen cupboard.

Any additional advice from fellow ailurophiles who have successfully convinced
their cat not to hold a grudge after a trip to the vet is appreciated.

Just HOPE she will handle it gracefully.

GLyN doesn't like the Vet, but doesn't hold a grudge (mostly).
And he isn't the slightest bit impressed by cat treats either.

I had an orange cat who loved going ANYWHERE, even the Vet,
and he had the entire staff wrapped around his paw.

There used to be a guy who posted here, Dan, who drove a long-haul truck
for a while. Remember his cat, Harri[et] Roadcat? She loved to ride in
the cab of that truck. Used to get out and walk around on a leash at
truck stops. Everyone loved Harri Roadcat. RIP, sweet girl.

Oh yes I remember Dan and Harri Roadcat.
Wonder how the rest of the cats are doing.

Winnie

Not all cats like riding in cars. Carriers are usually an indication of
OH NO, pokes and jabs! But I doubt Minnie will hold a grudge for very
long. She will just need a little time to heal after her spay. I'm
sure she'll be back to her normal 7-month old kittenish self in no time.

Jill