Old December 2nd 05, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat pees when you pick her up

Hi Jacqueline,

I wonder if her bladder is still sore and swollen, but might not be
bleeding. When you pick her up, it might put too much pressure on her
bladder right now. They can also have flare-ups under stress, has
anything stressful happened lately, any new animals, etc?

I'm glad you're taking such good care of her, and looking for the
answers. You might want to get a second vet opinion (and mention those
other symptoms) to make sure there's not another way to help her, or
that something is being missed.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Jacqueline wrote:

We have a female cat, just over 1 year old, that we adopted about 4
months ago. A few weeks after we adopted her we discovered blood in her
urine and took her ot the vet. She was prescribed antibiotix, which
seemed to help for a while. A month or so after we finished the
antibiotics she started showing symptoms again, so we had a culture and
sensitivity test done on her urine and discovered there is no bacteria.
She was put on Amitriptyline gel and we have been giving her this for 2
weeks now. She seems better in most ways (has stopped peeing over the
edge of the little box, no blood in urine, almost 100% back to her
playful, affectionate self) except for 1 problem. Three times now in
the last 5 days she has pee'ed when we pick her up. I'm not talking a
dribble either - it's a good stream! The vet had never heard of this
happening. I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced anything
like this.

She does have other odd symptoms that may/may not be associated with
her bladder problems: she grooms herself a lot, also scratches a lot
(she does not have fleas - we've had her checked). Also, she has had
runny stools ever since she went off of the first round of antibitoics
(we have given her acidophilous and pro-biotics, but this has not
cleared up).

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacqueline