Old March 22nd 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

wrote in message
oups.com...

badwilson wrote:
wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

Also, to stretch a point, drivers who are distracted by fishing out
and lighting up a cigarette could (and do) cause accidents.

Ditto for CD players - I had an accident about 4 years ago because I
was
futzing around with a CD and went off the road and hit a phone pole! (I
wasn't hurt, but my car was totalled.) Then there are coffee drinkers,
people talking on cell phones, and so on. (I'm guilty of talking on a
cell phone while driving, I have to confess.)

Joyce

Yes, to be completely safe, the driver's seat of all cars should be
completely closed off and soundproofed from the rest of the car. There
should be no cup holders, lighters, stereo or anything else accessible to
the driver. Only the steering wheel, gas and brake. Probably all cars
should be automatics too because shifting gears while driving could be a
distraction for some. ;-)
--
Britta

Well, to be perfectly honest, I used to wish I had one of those police
cars they use to haul prisoners. The ones with the glass and steel mesh
between the driver and the back seat. Back when I carpooled my kids +
neighbor kid to school.

Sherry

I thought that was what duct tape and cattle prods were for