Old March 22nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Senator Bill Frist: Dr. Mengele to Cats

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:44:10 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

guess wrote:
I came across this article in another newsgroup, I imagine most of
you might have already seen this but it was news to me. The only
reason this selfish prick is apologizing is because of politics.
Sorry for the harsh words but just the thought of someone as cruel
and selfish as him possibly becoming President is sickening.

ps. Before anyone says I'm politically motivated to post this, note
that I'm in Canada

Yeah, right. No other reason in the world to bring this up *AND* cross-post
it from here to eternity, is there?

I do hate people who torture animals for their own personal
enjoyment, gain, or because they simply have no respect for life
other than their own.

He was a friggin medical student. The article you yourself cite indicated
it wasn't illegal. And I'm pretty sure the man knew how to anesthetize a
cat.

Frist asked to atone for killing cats
By DEE ANN DIVIS
Science and Technology Editor

WASHINGTON, Dec. 31 (UPI) -- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist,
R-Tenn., is being asked by an animal advocacy group to support
legislation for better animal treatment to make up for fraudulently
adopting cats from animal shelters then experimenting on and killing
them while he was a medical student.

Now let's see... Senator Frist graduated from college in 1974 (prior to
attending medical school); he graduated from Harvard Med in 1978. That puts
him at over 55 years old and probably a bit more. Don't know about you but
when I was in college I was in my 20's and not exactly making all the best
value judgements.

Now, let's go back to the fact that he graduated med school in 1978 when, by
the way, P.E.T.A. (whom I don't trust as far as I can throw them) didn't
even EXIST (having been founded in 1980).

But even assuming this "torture" to be true, you quote the article yourself
stating it wasn't an illegal practice until well after he graduated from
medical school. So why bring it up now?! What's the point? Because he
might want to run for a higher office? Yeah, that's it, exactly. Time to
try to drag out crap (which, buy the way, doesn't have a thing to do with
you since you can't vote in the U.S., let alone in Tennessee). You are a
muckraking troll trying to stir up trouble in the name of loving cats, plain
and simple.

Jill

You're standing up for a cat killer. You are a true piece of filth.