Old February 15th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Default The yacht gets underway

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:37:07 -0800 (PST), MeOwy
wrote:

On Feb 14, 7:59*pm, John Ross Mc Master
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:11:36 -0600, Community Cats
wrote:

Activity on the pier has slowed, as the longshorecats and the crew of the
yacht finish the loading of supplies onto MV Purrbearer. Stevenson, the
late Cleopatra Silvercat's majordomo, checks off the last items on his
delivery checklist, consults with the harbormaster, and signals the
remaining crew cats to return to the yacht.

The tenders return to the Purrbearer, the boarding ramp is raised, and
the "at anchor" signal flag is struck. The head porter make sure the
teleporter deck is ready for action and that the staff is on hand to
welcome arriving guests. The yacht's loud horn echoes across the water as
the anchor chain is drawn aboard, and the water at the stern starts to
churn as the yacht gets underway.

As the yacht turns into the center channel of the Hudson River the bridge
crew gather on the port bridge wing and thumb their noses in unison as
the yacht passes the West 72nd Street Dog Run, then return to their
bridge stations. The radar operator calls out "port turn to 190 in 10
seconds, sir". Capt LeGrand calls out "Aye, radar. Helm, 190".

The yacht motors slowly and majestically towards the ocean. The cats who
have already boarded line the rails on both sides, admiring the views of
Manhattan passing to the ship's left and New Jersey to the ship's right.
As they reach the southern end of Manhattan Island the yacht's executive
officer activates the intercom:

"This is executive officer Fletcher. On behalf of myself, Captain LeGrand,
and the entire crew of the Motor Vessel Purrbearer, I would like to
welcome all of our guests aboard. This vessel, commissioned by the late
Cleopatra Silvercat, is dedicated to the service of the worldwide feline
community. If any of you have any needs or requests while we are underway
please communicate your needs to any crew member.

We are now nearing the southern end of Manhattan Island, and will shortly
reach the confluence of the Hudson River and the East River. *We will
then be passing Ellis Island, where many of your ancestor cats were
welcomed to Catmerica. Shortly after we pass Ellis Island, Liberty Island
and the Statue of Liberty will come in to view. A few minutes later we
will sail past the Teardrop Memorial in Bayonne, Mew Jersey, then about
half an hour later we will cross under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and
into the ocean.

Again, if there is anything at all we can do to make your voyage with us
more comfortable you have but to ask. If any cat experiences any
discomfort from the motion of the vessel, you might find the second deck
to be to your liking, as it is gyroscopically stabilized and does not
move with the waves. Thank you for your attention."

effurrythink is gud. i haf not travelled by boat for a yeer, and i
like gyroscope.
beauty, eetting roast porc- Hide quoted text -

Hey Beauty! (wave wave) Up here. Onna flying brij. Pleez joyn usses
an haff da gentl see breez wuffling yoor fur...an bwing da porc wif
yoo OK?
Sinseerwy, MeOwy yoor frend

i eeted my porc now iwant crunchy fudz.
i will come to flying brij. fangu.