Old March 26th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE: Tooth-pulling purrs

Thank you all for your kind purrs and good wishes for Robin and Midnight --
they are back home now and glad to be there!

Both Robin and Midnight each got pain patches for pain management yesterday
which are supposed to help them and which are supposed to stay on till
Tuesday...so far, Midnight still has hers on. With Robin, however, it was
another story -- not 5 minutes after we were home, he pulled it off; it was
not reattachable, so I call my vet. She says bring him back and they'll put
another one on. So back we go with Robin howling all the way there. They
put another one on and an e-collar and they are nice enough not to charge me
again...we get home...within 5 minutes, Robin has managed to wriggle out of
his collar and has pulled off the 2nd patch! I call the vet... this time we
agree to give him oral pain meds so I return to the vet again (3rd trip) to
pick up these meds and I just gave him his dose.

Both Robbie and Middie are eating their canned food okay but now can't have
any crunchy treats for 2 weeks. And giving kitty treats in the evening is
yet another way in which the masters have trained me. So I found something
called "kitty kavier," which is shaved, dried flakes of bonita fish, which
I'm now using as treat material, especially as I have to give both kitties a
really bitter-tasting antibiotic (clindamycin) orally for 2 weeks.

Anyway, it is so good to have them both home again -- thanks so much for all
your support!
Christine