Old April 7th 05, 08:19 PM
Shadow Walker

Actually, your cats' health should take precedence over your
convenience.

Mine does and I do not see my cats as being healthy when they cry in

pain
because the canned food is too wet. Thus causing diarrhea.

You could do what I do, since Hodge has the same problem (constipation
from dry, diarrhea from wet) -- feed wet one meal and dry one meal a
day. He looks great, he got a clean bill of health a couple weeks ago,
and he seems to be doing well on this diet.

Thanks for the info. I give canned as a treat every so often it is also used
just to make sure everything is going through. =) I have discussed the
canned food vs. dry with my vet, (I use a good sized clinic that has three
vets on staff) and as a whole canned is not for mine. We use it for sick
cats, hair ball problems but overall it's just really doesn't fit into my
cats dietary needs. I also give my cats supplements due to my one cats heart
murmur, she gets extra taurine.

Thank you.

Shadow Walker